Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You've GOT to be kidding me?

You've got to be kidding me #1: 
We have Reinier's car this week-YAY! I drive to Tod's Point yesterday morning, arriving at 7AM on the DOT (again, if you go before 7AM, no pass required). 
The woman comes out of her booth saying, "Can I help you?" 
I reply sweetly, "Is it after 7?" 
"Yes, it's 7:01." 
Me, "Oh, well 7:01?" Thinking, who cares?! It's one minute past. I'll be more prompt next time :) 
She doesn't budge. "Town rules." 
WHAT?! I say, "Really?" 
Robotically, "Town rules." 
UGH. I turn around, pull my phone out of my purse and notice: it's 7:00AM RIGHT THIS MINUTE! I pull BACK around. 
"Ma'am, my phone says 7!" holding my phone out the window for her to see. 
"Well my clock says 7:03!" What?? How did we just advance three minutes in a matter of 30 seconds??? 
"Well, my phone is on satellite time-most accurate!" 
Angrily, "Do you live here!? Where is your pass?!" 
"I don't have one yet!" 
"TOWN RULES!" 
You've GOT to be kidding me.

You've got to be kidding me #2: 
So, I have the car this week, right? I am thrilled to venture out to Whole Foods in Cos Cob! After driving around (lost) for half an hour, I arrive to find Whole Foods closed. They lost power. You've GOT to be kidding me. 

And finally, You've got to be kidding me #3:
I drop off a couple of dresses and a scarf at the dry cleaners, they hand me my ticket, I leave. Glancing down at the ticket in the car, I notice that to dry clean a small scarf cost $10.50! I bought the scarf at a yard sale for $2!! It's not even real silk! And a dress-$19.75?! I could buy a whole new dress for $20!!! You've GOT to be kidding me????



No comments:

Post a Comment