Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Date Night!

Last night the two of us set out for great conversation and great Mexican food! 

Not Chris and me. But me and my new fun Greenwich friend, Virginia. (Remember the cute housewarming cookies? From her :) 

We met a little over a year ago at Cafe Cluny. It was a quiet afternoon at the restaurant and pregnant pretty Virginia came in for a late lunch. Right as her lunch hit the table, Virginia grabs her belly and has a distressed look on her face. I walk over from my podium, "Are you ok!?!" I think to myself-this girl about to give birth in the restaurant!? She casually replies, saying something along the lines of, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just can't eat when she's sitting right on my ribs like this!" 

I settle down and we begin chatting. I'm not sure how it all came about, but we discovered that: 

A.) She used to live in NYC. 
B.) She recently married a man 9 years older than her. (My boyfriend is 9 years older TOO!) 
C.) They had just moved to Greenwich, CT (MY boyfriend is from there, and is dying to move out there one day!) 

Anyway, we hit it off. She gave me her card and we emailed once or twice after that meeting. I even received the cutest baby announcement when her, now almost 1 year-old, was born :) 

So, when we finalized all the tedious phases of purchasing our house in Old Greenwich, I reached out to her again - filling her in on our impending move. 

We finally set a date to get together, she picked me up last night (again, no car) and we headed out to one of her faves, Lolita on the border of Greenwich and Port Chester. 

We lucked out with a table outside where there was an old movie being projected onto the restaurant wall. They started us off with like a little grapefruit granita. The server asked if we would like it topped off with a complimentary shot of tequila. But, of course!

We chatted, drank margs, and way over-ordered! We exchanged bits & pieces of each others life story and even closed the place down! oops. 

It's funny this making new friends thing. I mean, just a month ago I felt like I had a bazillion friends and knew everything there was to know about each one! But even moving just 45 minutes away-I feel WORLDS apart from them. 

Such as life, I guess. You move on. Make new friends. Keep the old, for sure! (My girlies from the city are hopefully dropping by Monday night to see the house :) But you build a life in the next locale. 

We had a great time and it was nice to have some girly talks. Thanks Virginia :) 

P.S. I did get up at 5:30AM to make Chris breakfast... HOWEVER, I went RIGHT back to sleep for another 3 hours when he left. I figured if you could wake up with a baby after going to sleep at 1AM and not be able to go back to bed. I could at least do this ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment